Flex Your Creative Freedom: Custom Made Cabinets
Your kitchen cabinets are the most powerful statement in your kitchen. It’s no wonder, then, that custom made cabinets are the number one choice for homeowners looking for full creative freedom in their kitchen design.
If you are a homeowner with an unusual kitchen space or distinctive design style, custom made cabinets may be just what you are looking for. In fact, even if your kitchen space is completely normal in every way, custom made cabinets will offer you an unlimited amount of design freedom to achieve what you previously thought was impossible.
With all this creative freedom you might be overwhelmed by the choices and decisions. That’s why at Attard’s Kitchens & Cabinetry, we’ve put together the five essential design elements to consider for your custom made cabinets:
- Style: Light and simple or dark and intense? Gloss, satin or natural finish? Custom made cabinets provide you with a personally customised selection of styles and finishes to meet your own individual taste – whether that’s contemporary, Shaker, Hamptons-inspired, Über-modern, retro glam, country chic or industrial. Take a look at our kitchen gallery for inspiration.
- Material: These days kitchen cabinets come in many different materials. Laminate, polyurethane, timber, veneers, hand-painted – each with its own benefits and drawbacks. Do your research, speak to your cabinet maker and above all, choose the material that will provide longevity and practicality.
- Sizes: With custom made cabinets, you don’t have to settle for average dimensions. You have the freedom to specify cabinets that are the right height for you and are made to the millimetre to fit all of your cookware and gadgets.
- Design to fit: Have an unusual kitchen layout or an unconventional floor plan? Stock cabinets are designed for stock kitchen sizes, so if you have wall left over, you will need fillers in these areas. Custom made cabinets can be built to any size you specify, making every last millimetre of your kitchen usable. You can select unique cabinet and drawer combinations that fit your cooking style creating a more efficient kitchen – consider a spice cabinet, wine cupboard, waste drawer, pull-out cutting boards, pot racks, and island cabinetry that opens from both sides. The possibilities are endless!
- Efficiency inside. When it comes to custom made cabinets, it’s what’s on the inside that counts. Every cupboard can be fitted with all the latest internal hardware to keep your kitchen fully functional and clutter-free. Soft closing? Check. Mechanical lifting? Check. Built-in racks for spices, pots and pans, and cutlery? Check, check and check.
Take a moment to explore our kitchen gallery of beautiful custom made cabinets for inspiration. Then, contact Attard’s Kitchens & Cabinetry to make an appointment to visit our showroom.Return to Articles